Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My 2006 "To Do" List

-Figure shit out.

-Stop having delusions that any one reads this.

-Be more like Jesus, except for the dead part.

-Focus on the positive, though I doubt that's possible.

-Fight terrorists where they live, even if that happens to be in grandma's basement.

-Pack lightly.

-Stop putting off calling for the results of that MRI.

-Do not miss your chance to blow, This opportunity comes once in a life time, yo.

-Buy a good quality bean-bag chair and turn it to face the wall.

-Focus an energy beam into the form of a sword and wield it with stunning grace and precision.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sinkchicken said...

Well, check off one item. Called about the scan results I'd been dreading for over a month and...."Oh it's normal, sir. That's why we didn't call you." Um....what the frig happened to the idea of calling a patient back in to discuss results with a doctor regardless of whether it revealed positive or negative conclusions? I mean I thought that was pretty standard so that there is no freak out and jumping from tall buildings in despair before hearing whether it's good or bad news. So every time they call from now on, I'm supposed to assume I'm a dead man even though maybe they want to tell me I just need to take rolaids before going to bed?

Hmm, but if the results are "normal" what the hell is giving me pains in that region then, huh? And what was that mysterioius form they saw on the original ultrasound, mf!?

1:55 p.m.  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Found you through Blog Monkey and love your resolutions (and maybe you should try a new doctor).

6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Sinkchicken said...

Oh no! Now I can't ever resolve my issue with the second item on the "to do" list! Someone ACTUALLY reads me, ergo, there can be no delusion to stop having....oh what to do, what to do?! If only someone could just as easily help me achieve my last wish and whip me up a laser sword!

ps thanks for stopping by and for the advice. I'll be sure to return the favor and check out your blogs when I get the chance (I'm supposed to be working).

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

doctors never call back if it is okay.

they forego the initial problem and pray you develop mental anguish, or an ulcer so they can feed the system.

welcome to capitalism. if you left your sink once in a while you'd see it pervading everything.

4:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home